Monday, July 28, 2008

You Say Its Your Birthday

Hey Bitches,

So, this week is my birthday week. Now, mind you, I don't ever say that to the friends or anything. I'm not one of those who is all about their birthday week and doing this and doing that . . . in fact, I end up being quite the opposite. For the past few years, I have taken my birthday off from work, and just spent the day with myself. I do whatever fancies me that day, and then, during the evening I hang out with my peeps. This year, several of my nearest and dearest are wanting to know what I would like to do for the birthday, and, I don't know why, but I can't seem to wrap my brain around the idea that my birthday will be here soon. I just can't seem to think about it long enough to understand what it is that I would want to do.

Probably, the fact that my brain is continuously moving in eleventy thousand different directions would explain my inability to concentrate on any one thing for any length of time. I need to determine if this is birthday specific or a more generalized issue with me concentrating on myself. I wonder . . . I just don't know.

My horoscopes for the past few days have been focusing on not getting caught up in "disappointments" or "a feeling of having missed the boat" in the past, and moving forward towards good things in the future. I like these scopes, but, like a lot of things, it seems that these actions are easier said than done.

So, I may not know what activities I want to engage in on my birthday, BUT, I think I know what I'm going to spend my week thinking about . . . I'm going to focus on looking forward to the next door that is opening rather than looking back on those that have already closed. In fact, I think I'm going to put padlocks on those closed doors so that my brain won't have the ability to re-open them again. Lofty goals for a week, I know, but, at least I finally have some thoughts of what I want to accomplish this week!

I'll check back in throughout the week to let y'all know how its going . . .

No comments: